Add to Technorati Favorites Ideal Advice: The Self-Help Search for Truth and Balance: Quotes on "Failure"

Friday, April 6, 2007

Quotes on "Failure"


I don't know what made me look into this, this morning but I'm happy I did:


I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
Herbert Bayard Swope (1882 - 1958)


What we call failure is not the falling down but the staying down.
Mary Pickford (1893 - 1979)


Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal.
Mike Ditka (1939 - )


Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)


Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure.
William Saroyan (1908 - 1981)


I'm not sure about how I feel about that last one... but it got me thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM!!! Especially, the one by Edison.

~ Sam